And it happened ... ગુજરાતી ગુગળ, Oops Google

Since long I was waiting for this to happen. And it has happed today. Oh yeah. Yours, mine, ours in fact everyone's favorite search engine Google is been launched in Gujarati. Time for celebration for all Gujjus. Lets enjoy. Have not seen it yet? Visit www.google.co.in and you will see link below google's magic search box showing "google.co.in also offered in : Hindi Bengali Telugu Marathi Tamil Gujarati Kannada Malayalam Punjabi. "
Below is the snap of ગુજરાતી
ગુગળ, I mean Google:



Since the time I came in bangalore I was seeing dominance of south indian languages everywhere. Google also was first offered in hindi, english and south indian languages. When I was seeing Google homepage, i was used to say to my friend "Why Google is not offered in Gujarati?". He was replying to me making fun of me, "Google walo ko ek high priority mail dal do aur likh do usme ke muje google gujarati me chahiye."....

Patak .................
Patak ........................
Patak ...................
What was that sound? Nothing. I just slapped that guy right, left and centre. Thanks to Google and googler.

Also google have launched Google
છબી શોધ. Understood what it means? It may take some time. Because we are so much used to speak 'Google image search' that we will not be able to relate 'Google છબી શોધ' with 'Gogole image search' quickly. But I feel there are some bugs in this છબી શોધ.

The first one is, when you visit this Google છબી શોધ page, it shows Google logo and below that they have written "chhabi sodh"! In english gujarti. Why? Can not it be written in pure Gujarati as "છબી શોધ"?

Second one is, try searching for some thing on
છબી શોધ. And you will find some junk characters next to છબીઓ શોધ button, as shown in below picture. I am not sure about this bug. This may be happening because of my browser setting.


Note : When I had first heared about Google (can not remember in which standard), I was pronouncing it as ગુગળ. કદાચ એ નામ (ગુગળ) તો તમે પન સામભળયુુ હસે. ગુગળ ની અગરબત્તી.
યાદ આવયુ?

3 comments:

  1. I used to wonder the same a few months back. Very happy to see it now! :)

    "મારું નસીબ જોર કરે છે" ઘણું રમૂજી લાગ્યું.

    આજ ના વખતમાં આપણે ગુજરાતી લખતા, વાંચતા અને બોલતા ભૂલી ગયા છીએ એટલે પાછું યાદ કરવામાં તકલીફ પડે તે સ્વાભાવિક છે. પણ જાગ્યા ત્યારથી સવાર...

    ગુજરાતી ગુગળ જોઇ ને ઘણો જ આનંદ થયો. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "મારું નસીબ જોર કરે છે" અરે પણ કેટલુ જોર !!!

    ગુજરાતીમાં લખવાની અને વેબ જોવાની અલગ જ મજા છે, ને ગુગલ તો સિમાડાઓ પાર કરી રહ્યુ છે.
    મને લાગે છે કે web 3.0 એટલે ગુગલ !!! કદાચ આવતા વર્ષોમાં ગુગલ અને ઈન્ટરનેટ એકબીજાના પર્યાય બની જશે

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kanan: ઘણા બધા english શબદો આપની રોજની જીંદગી મા એવા વણાય ગયા છીએ કે એનો ગુજરાતી અર્થ જાણી ને આશ્ચર્ય થાય છે.
    Google છબી શોધ ane "મારું નસીબ જોર કરે છ" ena udaharan chhe ...
    @kakasab: ગુગલ ખરેખર સિમાડાઓ પાર કરી રહ્યુ છે. I simply love it. Some time I doubt about who is using Yahoo and other search engines?

    ReplyDelete

Jaydip Mehta (JD)
http://jaydipmehta.blogspot.com